Civil Engineer- Assistant Project ManagerListed on: 9/20/2022 7:40:00 AMPST
Location: New York, NY 10004
Industry: ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION
Description: Perform inspection of civil installation working under general supervision.Ensure quality and adherence to applicable standards and specifications with emphasis on quality and safety.Assist with: field inspections, evaluating change order proposals, reviewing contractor submittals and preparing reports as instructed.Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, business administration, public administration, or a related field. A degree in Civil Engineering is preferred.
- Two years of experience working on a large and/or complex construction project.
- OSHA-30 (Construction) Certification is required prior to starting the position.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Knowledge of civil, electrical, communications & fire alarm design and construction projects and related codes and standards
- Computer literate with working knowledge of ASITE project management tools, and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat. CADD experience is desirable but not required.
- The ability to write clearly, organize and analyze project information, prepare reports, presentations and interact/communicate with consultants and various departments.
- Knowledge and/or experience with project management procedures and guidelines.
- Knowledge of design-bid-build and design-build project delivery and associated contract document preparation.
- Knowledge and/or experience with mass-transit facilities/operations preferable.
- The ability to coordinate with a multitude of users such as operations and engineering personnel.