Structural Engineer- Associate Project ManagerListed on: 9/21/2022 7:39:00 AMPST
Location: New York, NY 10004
Industry: ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION
Description: Under managerial direction, the selected candidate(s) will assist in the design management of various projects, with the following chief responsibilities: a. Schedule and represent the Design Manager's Office at various field surveys, support contract development, manage the technical review process and work independently under general supervision. b. Ensure that project design deliverables reflect all project planning documentation and project requirements of the clients. c. In collaboration with the Design Manager, Development Group and Contracts Group, assist in developing project scope requirements, design criteria, procurement packages, reviewing proposals, and facilitating distribution and review of deliverables. Tasks include preparing official correspondence, preparing status and analysis reports, organizing meetings and preparing minutes, and preparing presentations for projects at various stages of completion. d. Responsible for managing, reviewing project documentation, and incorporating stakeholder feedback to ensure design package quality, completeness, accuracy, and meeting end user requirements.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, business administration, public administration, or a related field. A degree in Civil Engineering is preferred.
- Two years of experience serving in a supervisory capacity or as a project manager for a large and/or complex construction project
- OSHA-30 certification and 8-hour Lead Awareness Course are required to be completed before starting the position.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of ASite project management software. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat. CADD experience is desirable but not required.
- The ability to write clearly, organize and analyze project information, and interact/communicate with consultants and various departments.
- Excellent work ethic and willingness to learn new skills.
- Excellent communications skills and teamwork capabilities.
- Knowledge and/or experience with project management procedures and guidelines.
- Knowledge of Design-Bid-Build and Design-Build project delivery and associated contract document preparation.
- Knowledge and/or experience with mass-transit facilities preferable.
- The ability to coordinate with a multitude of users such as operations and engineering personnel.