Business AnalystListed on: 5/10/2023 1:18:00 PMPST
Location: Albany, NY 12234
Industry: Business Analysis
Description: L.J. Gonzer Associates is looking for individuals to join our pool of qualified candidates for potential assignment as a Business Analyst.*Setting up and facilitating meetings with the business office to understand business processes (As-is and To-be) and pain points. *Routinely sending out meeting minutes, decisions, and action items to team members. *Using business analysis techniques, understand program needs and translate/document clear and detailed business requirements including creation of process flows, flowcharts, markups, wireframes, etc. *Review these artifacts with respective members for feedback and secure timely approvals. *Analyze business processes, functions, and procedures across multiple functions and bring cohesiveness in all initiatives for optimal business and technical solutions. *Operate in a hybrid (Agile/Waterfall) environment and actively manage requirements, change requests, and user accessibility testing needs. *Contribute to design and architecture discussions, daily stand-ups, sprint planning sessions, and other meetings. *Meet project goals and objectives including CSSQ adherence, hierarchy-based communication, date commitments, and functionality. *Assist project manager in project management tasks and reporting project health periodically. *Become a subject matter expert (SME) for the proposed system and involved business processes/rules. * Support QA/Testing by developing timely test plans, writing and executing test cases, done/acceptance criteria, end-user testing, and deliverables validation. *Validate/verify requirements throughout the software development lifecycle (SDLC) including all changes during the project(s). *Coordinate among business and technical teams and vendors including IV&V, to identify and resolve issues that arise during the course of the project(s). *Create/update user stories for all business, functional, and non-functional requirements (F/NFR), including workflows, business rules, use cases, wireframes, activity & sequence diagrams. *Describe in comprehensive written documentation what the system/process/service must do in order to satisfy the determined business needs. *Act as liaison between business teams and software development teams, management, PMO, end-users, and vendors including IV&V. *Hold daily scrums and other agile ceremonies to achieve the planned milestones. *Ensure epics, stories, done criteria, test strategies, release plans are defined well and set up needed processes. *Work with tools such as Jira/Confluence, Selenium, MS tools, MS SQL server DB, Salesforce, Visio, SharePoint, Smartsheets, and other web-based project management applications.
- 7 years of experience in writing requirements, conducting requirements elicitation interviews, translating business needs, expectations, constraints and interfaces into actionable technical objectives and identifying solutions by producing written documentation in textual form, visual models and graphical illustration for all stages - system design, requirements, testing & implementation.
- 7 years of experience in utilizing various business analysis techniques in Waterfall, Agile or any other adaptive SDLC methodology to derive and document user stories from business requirements. This includes creating and maintaining documentation throughout the SDLC (e.g., business / use-case development, fit-gap analysis, process flows, mockups, sequence diagrams, wireframes, impact & feasibility analysis, change control, etc.), tracking and reporting of risks, inconsistencies and issues during design, requirements' gathering, testing and UAT phases.
- 7 years of experience establishing criteria for evaluation, validation and acceptance of deliverable / "Done' criteria, manage requirements scope, key decisions tracking, tracing requirements completion, obtaining commitment to the requirements and approvals from the project participants.
- 7 years of experience in all types of testing (including functional, non-functional, regressions, integration, UAT, etc.) of applications, business process validations reporting needs and data sanity checks. This includes writing and executing various types of test cases, testing procedures & cycles, manual and automated testing using Selenium and/or similar tools, defects tracking, bugs resolution, periodic testing results communication and requirements-based validation/testing for final deliverables sign-off.
- 3 years of experience in data management activities - data collection and validation, cleansing, migration, integration and transformation. Writing SQL Server queries, extracting data from legacy systems, merging functions, MS Excel data manipulations, etc.
- 7 years of experience in providing business analysis and testing support for legacy systems/data migration and infrastructure upgrade projects involving cloud-based commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products, and/or custom development, process improvement strategies, configurations, troubleshooting incidents and quality assurance.
- 7 years of experience under project manager supervision, in interacting and following-up with multiple stakeholders including but not limited to program leaders, SMEs, process owners, IT staff, vendors, etc. for facilitating JAD/JRP sessions, driving accountability and/or responsibility for assigned tasks completion.
- 7 years of experience following hybrid (waterfall and agile) Secured Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC) methodologies such as deriving stories from business requirements, creating plans, developing estimates' into sprints and planning releases to achieve the project milestones.
- 7 years of experience in standardizing requirements gathering processes, review / approval mechanisms including identifying requirement gaps/inconsistencies, implementing standard operating procedures for requirements management, document versioning and control during requirements' changes, and upkeep of project artifacts in a dynamic environment.
- 7 years of experience in Business Analysis and Testing tools - Microsoft Office products including Visio, SharePoint, Project, Power Automate, Dynamics, etc., Jira/Confluence, Salesforce, DocuSign, Tableau, MS SQL Server, COGNOS, TFS, HP QC, Selenium, Zephyr, etc.